Admission to the program is by application and/or interview only. Enrollment is limited and fills up quickly.
This program is designed to meet the following goals:
To lead and challenge participants to grow into responsible and productive young adults through fun and exciting activities.
To develop future Camp Counselors who are well-rounded and well-trained.
Basic Assignment: The Junior Counselor is to assist the counselor with daily activities, such as playing with campers and teaching sports/swim lessons. Under the supervision of the counselor, they will provide a fun and safe environment for campers to participate in sports and activities.
Junior Counselors are responsible for the following:
- Assist in implementation of the daily program under the counselor.
- Lead and assist in preparing a creative environment using recreational enrichment, including the presentation of needed supplies and materials, on and off site.
- Supervise participants in the activity areas.
- Assist in swim lessons and supervise during free swim. (Must be in water twice a day)
- Advise and communicate with participants in regard to any questions.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty.
- Communicate with camp staff regarding program activities and events.
- Communicate with parents and families regarding program activities.
- Attend all required Junior Counselor Program meetings and trainings.
- Insure high quality program by maintaining high level of job performance indicated by employee evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.